The following employment opportunities are currently available through the Central Ohio Diabetes Association and their community partners
Position Title Outreach and Assessment Coordinator
Master of Social Work (or related) degree; Licensed Social Worker (Ohio), 2 years case management experience. Highly organized; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; team-oriented; able to engage with diverse patient populations; effective communication skills to public and professional audiences; able to work in compassionate, supportive, and collaborative ways with clinical professionals, clients, and families.
Preferred: Experience with: diabetes population, program development/management, and support groups.
: Director of Programs and Services
: The Outreach and Assessment Coordinator provides community outreach services, assessment, treatment planning, case management, support, education, referrals, and other assistance to clients as they are engaged in services at the Central Ohio Diabetes Association.
- Coordinate community outreach services.
- Assess educational, social service, and mental health needs of adult diabetes clients.
3. 3. Develop programming that meets the assessed needs.
- Assist in the development of grants to address assessed needs.
- Assist with development and review of budgets for all social service programs to insure costs stay within approved budgets.
6. Implement programs that address assessed needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the Direct Service team in order to contribute to the implementation of the client’s education/care plan.
- Form and coordinate special interest support groups for adults with diabetes.
- Act as liaison with community agencies, hospitals, health centers, and other groups involved with issues concerning adults with diabetes and their families.
- Oversee and contribute to outreach efforts to diversify and expand scope of clients served in social service program.
- Track and evaluate service delivery and outcomes and revise accordingly.
- Maintain statistics, records, and administrative paperwork as required for fund raising/reporting efforts.
- Adequately meet the grant outcomes promised.
For more information call 614-884-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supervise student interns.
- Participates in Agency activities to promote team atmosphere
- Responsible for self-development and continuing education activities
- Participate in annual in-services related to Agency’s privacy practices and confidentiality of Protected Health Information (HIPAA); and OSHA training (Universal Precautions, Blood-borne Pathogens and Exposure Control Plan).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EEO Statement: the Central Ohio Diabetes Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer